IBM Application Consultants work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement organizational strategies that drive adoption of change. We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Application Consultant in IBM Consulting, you’ll serve as a leader to help analyze client’s software application functional and nonfunctional requirements.
You’ll collaborate with client stakeholders and internal partners to understand the business problem and requirements, constraints of the system and concerns of the various stakeholders to systematically transform detailed requirements into solutions for the client.
Your primary responsibilities include:
• Examine current systems and software applications
• Lead and conduct client interviews to gather system requirements
• Produce system design specifications for new or modified systems
• Communicate with software engineers and developers to produce new systems
• Produce specifications for integration tests and trainings
• Conduct system testing and verify the new systems fulfill functional and nonfunctional requirements
• Handling feedbacks from the client’s users
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5 years of work experience in software-development-related fields, at least 3 years of experience in system analysis and design
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, IT Architects, and developers
- Ability to communicate fluently in technical and business settings (verbal and written) with strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Experience working with UML to create sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, class diagrams, use case diagrams and database entity relationship diagrams
- Knowledge of relational database design and using SQL statements
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with Object-Oriented programming, common Design Patterns, SOAP Web Service and RESTful Web Service
- Experience with microservices design
- Experience with NoSQL databases and/or object-oriented programming in Java
IBM 是全球領先的混合雲、人工智慧及企業服務的提供者，為全球超過 175 個國家的客戶服務，協助其從擁有的資料裡獲取商業洞察、簡化業務流程、降低成本，並取得產業競爭優勢。屬於金融服務、電信和健康醫療等關鍵基礎設施領域、近 3,800 家政府和企業機構，採用 IBM 混合雲平台和紅帽 OpenShift 解決方案，快速、高效、安全地實現企業數位轉型。IBM 在人工智慧、量子運算、產業導向的雲端運算解決方案和企業服務領域的突破性創新，為客戶提供開放和靈活的選擇。IBM 對企業誠信、透明治理、企業社會責任、多元與包容文化和服務精神的承諾，歷久彌新，是 IBM 業務發展的基礎。
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we are building industry-based solutions to real-world problems. For more than seven decades, IBM Research has defined the future of information technology with more than 3,000 researchers in 12 labs located across six continents. For more information, visit www.ibm.com.